1. I am self-employed. Am I eligible for the Securi-T program?
No. Self-employed individuals are not eligible for the Securi-T program.
2. I hold multiple jobs. If I were to lose one, would I be eligible for reimbursement under the Securi-T policy?
You will be eligible for reimbursement of your monthly mortgage installments only if you lose your main employment, which represents the employment providing the largest portion of your income.
4. I lost my main employment, but three (3) months later, I was able to find another job. However, my new salary is much lower than the previous one. Will I continue to receive reimbursement under the Securi-T program?
Yes, but only if your current salary represents less than seventy-five percent (75 %) of the employment income you received from your lost employment, as measured against just before the time of your loss of employment.
5. I purchased a triplex and I occupy its largest unit. In case of loss of my main employment, how will the amount of reimbursement of my monthly mortgage installments be determined under the Securi-T policy?
You will be eligible to receive reimbursement for the amount of your monthly mortgage installments in the proportion corresponding to the living area of the unit you occupy. For example, you would be eligible for reimbursement for 40% of the amount of monthly mortgage installments if the living area that you occupy represents 1000 sq. ft. of the total living area of 2500 sq. ft.
6. What should I do in the event of loss of my main employment?
Within sixty (60) days of your loss of employment, please contact claims services by calling toll-free 1-833--736-2978, Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. EST.
7. Who should I contact if I have any questions?
Contact GPL Assurance inc., the program insurance broker, by calling 1-833-551-9798. The team will be happy to assist and answer your questions.