The RE/MAX name is synonymous with excellence in real estate. Experience backed by comprehensive training characterizes RE/MAX brokers and enables them to provide clients with a clearly superior level of service.
Founded in March of 1973 by Dave and Gail Liniger in Denver (Colorado), RE/MAX (short for Real Estate MAXimum) is a network of independent, self-employed franchisees operating in nearly 100 countries with over 100,000 brokers.
In 1978, the company adopted its official balloon logo, a remarkable trademark symbolic of the phenomenal ascension of RE/MAX in real estate circles. To learn more about the history of the balloon and its meaning, please visit our "The RE/MAX Hot Air Balloon" page.
The spectacular growth of the RE/MAX network is owed to a revolutionary, logical and powerful concept that profoundly impacted the real estate industry and changed how real estate business was conducted. Several companies have since imitated the RE/MAX lead. RE/MAX groups together highly skilled brokers for whom real estate is the top priority. For them, excellence says it all.
Introduced in Qu�bec in 1982 by Pierre Titley, President of RE/MAX Qu�bec Inc., RE/MAX has expanded at lightning speed ever since the first agency opened in May 1982. Of the many corporate success stories in Qu�bec, the almost instant success of the RE/MAX banner in the real estate industry is by far the most spectacular. This success is based upon the following winning equation: Experience + Proficiency + Performance = Trust.
Today, our agencies are spread out across the province bringing together the brokers with the best tools to sell your home faster and at a better price than rival brokers. The result? The RE/MAX network's market share surpasses the competition by far reaching a 40% average in Qu�bec.
As a primary partner of the "Opération Enfant Soleil" telethon since the first year of its telethon, RE/MAX has committed nearly 20.5 million dollars to the plight of sick children. For RE/MAX, "Opération Enfant Soleil" is more than just a fundraising campaign, it is network involvement in a worthy humanitarian cause.
Here are some events which marked RE/MAX's rise to success in Quebec and around the world:
RE/MAX Quebec Timeline
- The RE/MAX banner arrives in Quebec and signs its first franchise.
- In May 1982, a first group of brokers makes its debut under the RE/MAX banner.
- RE/MAX brands itself with its new hot air balloon logo symbolizing freedom, independence and ambition for its brokers.
- The network and its Quebec agencies join the sick children cause by creating a partnership with "Opération Enfant Soleil". A winning partnership for everyone.
- RE/MAX Quebec and its tax specialists bring in the "Home Buyer's Plan" (HBP) which revolutionized the practice.
- The remax-quebec.com website is launched.
- RE/MAX founded the "Collège d'enseignement en immobilier" (C.E.I.), which opened its doors in Montreal.
- Never seen before at a philanthropic level: the network crosses the one million dollar mark given to a charity organization to help sick children.
- The RE/MAX Explorer, powered by Google Earth is launched.
- A very special year, the RE/MAX network celebrates its 25th anniversary!
- RE/MAX establishes a record by receiving over a million unique visitors on its website during the month of March, maintaining the gap between its closest competitors with twice as many visitors each month.
RE/MAX launches a new tool on its website for virtual tours: The video tours.
RE/MAX introduces "Cash Damming", a program allowing a tax rebate for every self-employed worker with a mortgage.
RE/MAX innovates and launches "Bienvenue chez nous", the very first short programs in Quebec.
For the "Opération Enfant Soleil's" 20th anniversary, the RE/MAX network gives 1.2 million dollars during the telethon.
- RE/MAX launches "Tranquilli-T", an exclusive protection program for buyers and sellers, unique to RE/MAX.
RE/MAX ranks 26th out of the 150 most admired enterprises by Quebec residents, ahead of all its competitors!
RE/MAX gives 1.25 million dollars during the "Opération Enfant Soleil" telethon.
- In an effort to continuously improve its offering to website visitors, RE/MAX redesigns its property listings, making them the industry's most comprehensive listings.
- RE/MAX celebrates its 30th anniversary.
RE/MAX launches its iPhone and iPad app.
Once again, RE/MAX brokers feel the love from the general public and ranks 24th among Quebec's 150 most admired companies.
- RE/MAX brokers are proud to have partnered with "Opération Enfant Soleil" for 25 years! They have donated over $18 million for sick children since the beginning.
All properties listed on remax-quebec.com are also available on global.remax.com... International visibility for Quebec-based clients!
- RE/MAX brokers surpass the 20 million dollar mark in donations to "Opération Enfant Soleil".
RE/MAX, LLC (International) Timeline
RE/MAX, LLC currently boasts over 100 000 brokers in nearly 7,000 agencies in nearly 100 countries.
- RE/MAX International is founded by Dave Liniger in Denver, Colorado
- RE/MAX published its first edition of the quarterly journal "RE/MAX Times", now published in more than 15 languages.
- RE/MAX International partners up with the "Children's Miracle Network" that assists sick children.
- RE/MAX International launches "RSN", the RE/MAX Satellite Network, a satellite television network broadcasting informative programs and conferences, as well as continuing education.
- RE/MAX International launches its first website
- RE/MAX International partners up with the "Breast Cancer Foundation" as well as "The Wildlife Experience", an institution aiming to preserve animals and their environment in an educational context.
- RE/MAX International bundles all the different training elements it offers to create RE/MAX University offering training online, and on DVD, CD, iPod, and "RSN", its television network.
- RE/MAX International rolls out tech innovations. The firm redesigns its website's home page and develops mobile platforms for its brokers.
- The RE/MAX Commercial website is launched to develop this very lucrative real estate branch.
- RE/MAX International celebrates its 40th anniversary and seeks to gather over 10,000 brokers from around the world during its International Convention in February.
RE/MAX International broadens its horizons and develops the Chinese market.
For more information on RE/MAX, LLC, visit their website at website.